Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The New Face of the Internet

From the Taipei Times in Thailand comes the following headline: Facebook wants to make money from user details.  But Facebook, I trusted you!  I added all my friends and didn't delete them during that one week I could have gotten 62 free whoppers! (I can't believe I have that many friends, either)  Every time I wanted to add one of those applications it asked if I wanted to allow the invasion of my privacy, now you're going two-faced, oh mighty book of faces!

Surely this not only goes against the principles of Facebook, a site with no purpose other than the linking of old friends, but also invades the privacy of the users.  Why wasn't this on the front page of the New York Times?  Surely the American youth will flee away from Facebook to the last refuge for scandilous pictures and other assorted things you don't want your parents seeing.  What?  Myspace has been used as a tool for child molestation and such severe emotional anguish to cause suicide?  Where am I going to passive-aggressively rebel against my parents now?  Check my twitter for the answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment