Sunday, January 4, 2009

Oy Vey!

I have been avoiding the subject of the Israeli-Paliestinian conflict for some time. It's a 4,000 year old battle that my opinions can't really impact, but now I have to say something. I think it's incredible that Israel has actually sent ground troops into Palestine. They are saying that this is the final battle and that they are in it to the end. Perhaps this time they will finally cleanse the area of the last of the peoples that God told them to kill so that they could have the promised land... though I rather doubt it. The Arab world which surrounds Israel has been rather silent on the issue (from the American point of view) as referenced by the following cartoon.


I'm sure that this newest battle will turn out similarly to the 1967 war and Israel will think it has won something when the only it has actually won is more enemies. Hopefully one of these days the United States will let go of Israel's leash and go back in the house so that we are no longer associated with them. We have no reason to be in that entangling agreement except guilt over a genocide that we didn't commit. Now look who's doing the genociding...

1 comment:

  1. Then again...you don't just take rocket attacks sitting down. Especially knowing they were harboring terrorists....I do believe Israel needs to work this one out themselves though.

    ReplyDelete