Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dancing With The Stars

Statements made by Afghani President Hamid Karzai have caused me to want to write this article. There are two separate articles quoted in this blog and I could have used more but I thought I would spare you all of that reading. Hizbullah and Syria helped the Lebanese President get into office as long as he holds to the agreement set forth by those two groups. Israel and Palestine have signed a cease-fire in the Gaza Strip. Iran has decided to start talking to the EU about its nuclear program. India is protecting itself and its economy. Pakistan and Afghanistan and the Taliban are bickering like siblings. Did I miss anyone? Oh yeah, thousands of American troops in Iraq babysitting a civil war.

If we aren't making the decisions in the region, should our troops be dying because of them? If we can't economically persuade OPEC to produce more oil, should we be trying to militarily convince them?

When I was a child my mama told me that I shouldn't worry about anyone else and I should just take care of myself and deal with the conditions life and others hand to me. I think our country should take a lesson from my mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment