Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The New Three-Fifths

Please read the associated article before reading my commentary on it.

I'm not in any hurry, you might as well read the whole thing.

There you go.

Thanks, now then. I have to give Glen Beck some credit, I have used the exact argument that he forsakes. I, too, thought that there were jobs that many of us wouldn't do. I know that I wouldn't go out and pick grapes. On the flip side, I agree (and have for years) that the immigration process is too difficult and lengthy and needs to be fixed. I also think that when these workers are made legal citizens we will be forced to pay them a decent wage which would make them more competitive consumers and make those out-of-work Americans who would do the jobs for higher pay a more competitive labor source.


Instead of putting up a fence on the border, we should be tearing down the wall of bureaucracy that is mortared with red tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment