Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Who's Fat?

Apparently the childhood obesity epidemic has come to a plateau at about 50%. That's the nice way of putting it.

The Lexington Herald Leader headline read: Percent of Fat kids leveled off.
http://www.kentucky.com/779/story/417276.html

The Salt Lake City Tribune headline with the same story text was "Has the fat-kid epidemic peaked?"

Those of you who know me might or might not know this, but I'm a little self-conscious about my weight. I was skinny as a young child and then I found video games and mountain dew and well you know how that story goes.

I'm not offended by the story nor am I upset with the headlines, it just seems to me that there is a much more polite way to title that article, similar to the first sentence of this blog. I purposefully titled the blog as I did because of the linked video.

What do you think? Am I right or should I not worry about reporters throwing cheap jabs at children?

No comments:

Post a Comment